Transforming industries from the edge to the cloud
Connectivity and a new level of automation are transforming the industrial landscape. Trivium is a consultant, developer and integrator of Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things platforms, providing industrial companies new services like remote & predictive maintenance, machine learning and state-of-the-art human machine interfaces that work across devices – from industrial PCs to mobile phones. For global players in the industrial field like Saurer, Leica Geosystems, Caterpillar and Siemens, Trivium eSolutions is a long-standing consulting and development partner for innovative Industrial Software and IIoT solutions.
Trivium's IIoT Services
Industry 4.0 and IIoT consulting
- Industrial IoT Business Strategy & Business Cases
- Use case Definition, from shop floor to enterprise level
- Strategic and Technology Consulting incl. IIoT platform selection
- Cloud / Analytics Strategy
- Requirements and Project Management
Design and architecture
- Industrial IoT Architecture incl. IT / OT (Operational Tech) integration
- MVP / Proof of Concepts
- Platform set-up
- IT Security for IIoT
- UI / UX Concept
Development and IIoT integration
- E2E Platform (edge and cloud) dev / integration
- Apps and Analytics
- Connectivity (MQTT, OPC-UA …)
- Human Machine Interface Software
- Control Software
- Remote Access and Maintenance solutions
- Cloud and DevOps infrastructure
- Application Maintenance and Support
- IT Security
- Re-engineering, Migration and Porting
IIoT Use Cases
- Predictive Maintenance
- Remote Diagnostics & Maintenance
- Smart Factory / Production Optimization
- AI-based Machine Configuration
- Automated Inventory Management
- Track & Trace
- Connected Product Shop
- Machine as a Service
Across industrial verticals, we see a common pattern. A new Industrial IoT stack is developing, complementing and augmenting the traditional industrial automation stack. At the device level, increased number of sensors mean a huge increase in the amount of data. At the communication level, standard IoT protocols like OPC-UA and MQTT are being introduced. At the decision-making level, machine learning is enabling new use cases, starting with predictive analytics. And finally, IoT platforms are emerging, which bring everything together. Here a plethora of new solutions from cloud computing players (AWS, Microsoft), to industrial conglomerates (Siemens, Bosch, GE) to software firms (SAP, IBM) are competing in a consolidating market.
Industrial IoT solutions must support a mixture of Edge and Cloud computing. Edge computing refers to computation that continues to happen onsite, within the production plant. This is important, not only to cover sites with limited internet access, but to ensure concentration of the huge amounts of data before transfer to the cloud and address data security concerns. Cloud computing enables global scalability and easy utilization of plug-and-play services. And finally custom-developed applications enable industrial cases, which convert data into customer-specific and actionable insights.
Trivium's IIoT Best Practices
Through our industrial projects across multiple verticals and our innovation initiatives in the IIoT space, we have developed a set of best practices, that help our customers make the most out of their IIoT transformation programs.
- Develop a business-impact oriented IIoT strategy rather than a technology-oriented one. Identify use cases with highest business impact in your domain.
- An Industrial IoT Solution complements and extends the traditional automation stack. Create an integrated technology strategy.
- Standard platforms can help reduce total cost of ownership. Use “plug-and-play” functionality, modularity and security as a basis to develop custom apps on top.
- Utilize the power of Cloud / Serverless computing where possible, esp. global availability, scalability & cost reduction.
- Edge computing ensures offline availability, data security concerns are addressed and cloud costs are kept under control.
- Understand legal and contractual aspects of platform solutions. Don’t forget local laws in a global world (e.g. check China laws on data usage).
- Develop a strategy to avoid a platform vendor lock-in, if an IoT Platform is an integral part of your architecture
Trivium's IIoT Showcase
Choosing an IoT platform is one of the first and most important decisions we typically see in an IIoT transformation project. To get a hands-on feeling of what a commercial IoT platform can offer in the industrial space, Trivium has set up a showcase that lets you dive into the IIoT world and discuss the benefits that edge computing, cloud and analytics apps can bring within your organization. With integration of industrial devices, implementation of edge computing on an industrial PC, communication through OPC-UA and MQTT and implemented machine learning use cases, the showcase touches upon some of the key aspects of IoT in an industrial environment.
Trivium's IIoT Showcase covers key aspects of the IIoT stack
AWS IoT as an example of a global IoT platform offering standard IoT functionality “plug-and-play” in a modular way
Offline functionality through Edge computing with AWS Greengrass running on an Industrial PC
Analytics and Visualization of IoT data provided as an external service integrated into a public website
Integration of industrial devices and other sensors into an IoT platform using the OPC-UA and MQTT protocols
Cloud & Serverless Computing
Serverless computing as a basis for cost-effective implementation & maintenance, scalability in the cloud
Machine Learning for IoT
Training of machine learning models in the cloud and execution in the edge
- Industrial Automation
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- IT Architecture
- Know-how of leading IIoT Platforms
- Software development
- Software development
- IoT Security
Why Trivium for Industrial IoT
Several competences make Trivium eSolutions a strong partner for the realization of your Industrial IoT projects!
Digital projects in Industry represent >70% of our revenue
End-to-end services across the IIot project lifecycle
Consulting > Design > Development > Support
Industrial IoT architecture and implementation expertise
Best mix of a vendor-agnostic IoT platform approach + custom development; across edge, cloud & IoT Applications
An optimal delivery model
Local consulting and industrial know-how + scaled and cost-effective delivery across two locations
With over 150 employees, we are large enough, to successfully take on significant projects; but still flexible and agile!